After a nice visit with Auntie Candace yesterday, I decided to set up a blog for Hunter and Harrison. I figured it would be the best way for friends and family to see what is going on with the boys.
Let's me start by introducing the boys to you.
Hunter Jackson is going to be 2 on October 27th (how time flies). He is such a riot and is constantly on the move and keeps Devon and I on our toes. He is tons of fun and is a real boy's boy. He loves cars...fire engines in particular (I am so proud). He is a Disney freak and loves Mickey Mouse, Buzz Lightyear and of course Lightening McQueen. He loves to play in the backyard and dig in the dirt and get dirty, he is also quite good at a game of catch! Right now he is at the age where he is absorbing everything and we are often quite surprised at what he understands and what he can remember. It seems that he adds a couple of new words to his vocabulary everyday. He is such a rad kid and is so much fun to be around, he's a clown just like Dev and I. Here is the latest example of his sense of humor:
I had to run to Target yesterday to get a couple of things, as we walked passed by the lingerie section of the store, Hunter felt it was very important to walk up and touch all the bras and say "Boobie". No, not just one bra... every single bra that he passed, and no, not in a quiet voice that only I could hear, but loud enough so people in the store must think I'm a bad mother for teaching my child such words. Ahhh, Motherhood.
Next up is the newest addition to the Carr clan...
Harrison Sawyer was born on July 6th and is a healthy two month old. We were surprise when he weighed in at 11lbs 3 oz at his two month visit last Monday. Well, what can you expect from a boy who weighed in at 8lbs 3oz when he was born? Harrison was born 10 days early and we asked the Dr. how much she thought he would have weighed if he had gone to his due date and she estimated close to ten pounds. I thank him everyday for coming when he did.
We are now getting to the fun part of infant hood, where we are getting gurgles and coos and smiles (not from gas anymore). He is a real sweet baby, he just loves to stare at you with his blue eyes, darn if he does not melt your heart every time! He is a hearty eater and can down a bottle in no time. He is also pretty good about sleeping through the night (up to 5 hours), which is nice considering Devon and I are pretty exhausted at this point. He is becoming more and more aware of his surroundings and we are starting to see a little personality emerge (patient, and cuddly, yet a bit on the sensitive side). He loves to sit in his bouncy chair and relax to the sounds of the Rainforest. Right now we are working on lots of tummy time, it's not his favorite thing to do, but it must be done! We are looking forward to all the wonderful milestone that are soon to come our way. This time goes by so quickly, we just want to take it all in.
We are so very blessed and are so thankful for everyday, even though it's hectic and exhausting, we are so happy that this is our life!
2 comments:
Yay! I love the pics of the Carr boys...they are too cute!
The boys are absolutely adorable and handsome!!! I cannot wait to meet Harrison and dig in the dirt with Hunter :)
Post a Comment